Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nostalgia

Sometimes I think life was "simpler" and "more carefree" when I was younger during the 90's and early 2000's. I was reading an article on the NY Times website about Generation Y, and how everyone seems to be nostalgic for the days when we were younger and the world was more innocent. Check out the well written article at http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/23/fashion/23nostalgia.html?_r=2. I love reminiscing with my friends about bands like the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, and S Club 7 (in fact one of my friends still has her S Club 7 tape!), Tamagatchi, Saved By The Bell, The Fresh Prince, ect. Though, perhaps the world wasn't more innocent then, we just viewed the world with more innocent eyes. People are far too weary about everything now days; so come on, take a trip down memory lane to jog your memories of when "things were better" by cracking out your old tapes and Cd's (which I know you still have, everyone does) or watching a favourite TV show. Then after that, remember that they aren't gone, you can always re-visit them when ever you need a boost.
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment