Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tea Parties and Fancy Frocks

Strata Dress
This looks like the perfect dress to wear for a
more "rockn' roll" tea party, for you could
make it look super edgy if you wore
beat up boots and a leather jacket with studs
on it.
Dress To Write Home About
If I wore this frock it would make
me feel as though I was in a Jane Austen
novel!


Devonshire Dress
I can definitely picture myself wearing this
dress whether to tea party or school it would
make such a great addition to my already brimming
closet of dresses.

Briony Dress
Named after one of the characters in the film
Atonement, this puts a sweet little twist on a
30's style dress with the silver rhinestones. I think
this dress might be my favourite out of the four,
but I'm not definite.


Lately I have been dreaming of dresses and tea parties! Here are a few of my favourite dresses which would be perfect to wear for a tea party (all of them are from http://www.modcloth.com/). Part of the reason why I think I love Modcloth so much is the sweet names which they give each item they sell on the site. They name their products after characters from books and films, and people, amongst other things. I chose to stick with a light colour pallet, when picking out my top four dresses, since I always have imagined everyone wearing light coloured frocks to tea parties. Ever since I was a little girl I have always wanted to a have tea party for my birthday. A party where everyone dressed up and we drank tea, ate scones and fairycake, and just chatted. Doesn't that sound like a grand time? Perhaps this will be the year where I get my tea party birthday wish!
Jem

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! Can I have all those dresses, please??? They're so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete