Friday, January 8, 2010

Beauty In The Eye Of The Beholder...


So by now I'm sure most of you have either herd of or seen the issue of V magazine where they feature plus sized models. I could not be more happier about this, I think its high time that fashion wasn't all about the skinny minis and allows some "bigger" girls show off. Personally looking at these two images next to each other I think Crystal Renn (the "plus sized" model) looks better then the other one. Renn actually looks how real women look, and shes showing the world that's cool to be who you are, whether your a size 2 or a size 12. I really hope that using "plus size" models catches on and it becomes the norm. What do you think of all the hoopla over this?
Jem

6 comments:

  1. I loved all of these shots, and I have to say that I find Renn a lot more interesting to look at than the other girl, Jacquelyn Jablonsky. It's so refreshing to see someone with ACTUAL curves in a magazine, wearing the same clothes as a "regular" model, and looking smoking hot. I really hope we see more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldnt agree with you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the whole plus size look in editorial :)

    love your blog! :)
    - Audrey Allure <3
    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renn looks amazing, it's funny to see the two side by side. I think "oh, ok" with the skinny girl and "yowza!" with Renn! She's so much more dynamic and sexy!

    I'll be buying the issue today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i couldnt agree with all of you more, renn is just so beautiful she makes everything look so good on her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Yes! Yes! Way to go for plus size models :)

    ReplyDelete