Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Games


Every two years I prepare myself for two weeks of intense television watching, yes, I am talking about watching the Olympics. As many of you know it is the winter Olympics in Vancouver this year and I have a feeling that we are going to witness great fetes of human endurance and athleticism. Last night was the opening ceremony which I think was wonderfully done especially amid all the tragedy. Yesterday a Luger from Georgia, Nodar Kumaritashvili, was killed while practicing. My heart goes out to his family, friends, teammates, and countrymen and I am truly saddened by this news. Today though was the first day of the games, and what a great start it was! I loved watching the short track races (does the name Apolo Ohno ring a bell?) it was filled with lots of competition and surprises. South Korea managed to get first, Ohno second, and J.R. Celski (he's American too). So I think we are off to a pretty good start and I can't wait to what happens next. Are their any sports/people which you are looking forward to watching during the Olympics?
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment