Friday, February 19, 2010

Just My Type Of Tea


"Suppose you are drinking a cup of tea. When you hold your cup, you may like to breath in, to bring your mind back to your body, and you become fully present. And when you are truly there, something else is also there- life, represented by the cup of tea. In that moment you are real, the cup of tea is real. You are not lost in the past, in the future, in your projects, in your worries. You are free from all of these afflictions. And in that state of being free, you enjoy your tea. That is the moment of happiness, and of peace."~Thich Nhat Hanh



I read this quote by the Buddhist master Thich Nhat Hanh in the March issue of O magazine (yes, I read O mag, my mother subscribes to it. I have found that they often have really thought provoking articles) and was instantly drawn to it. I feel that he describes the process of drinking tea perfectly, I couldn't have said it better! On these cold winter nights I love drinking a nice cup of tea, it just warms me up. Personally, I am a huge fan of Marks and Spencers Gold and also of Rooibos tea. So now I am asking you what is your favourite kind of tea and why is that? I would love to try a new type of tea, sometimes it is boring drinking the same old same old.
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment