Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-Day Movie Playlist!


I love nothing more then a good o'l love story, and it seems to me the only way I can get one is through watching movies. I have created a list of some of my favourite romance movies of all time, right on time for valentines day!
1) Ever After- This is one of my all time favorites, I can quote whole lines from the movie! I just love how its a twist on the classic "Cinderella" story, at one point in the movie, Danielle, saves her prince from gypsies! Now that is a truly modern "Cinderella", set in a very un-modern time period!
2)Never Been Kissed- Another Drew Barrymore movie (I just love her!) movie. Don't you just love the scene at the end where Josie is waiting for Sam on the baseball field with everyone watching her? I think its terribly brave of Josie to do that... me I'm not so sure I would have (but I guess, that's what one does for love).
3)Pride and Prejudice- I love the one with Kira Knightly, it's a classic story and a classic movie in my opinion. Jane Austen is an amazing writer and I just love how they filmed the movie. I mean who doesn't love Darcy?
4)Elizabeth Town- This might be one of the most under-rated romance movie of all time, since it doesn't get the acknowledgement it deserves. It is the story about a guy named Drew, who's father dies and on the way to retrieve his belongings he meets Claire, a stewardess. What follows is a witty tale about love, at a time when you least expect it. Please, I am begging you, rent it. You won't be disappointed.
5)The Wedding Singer- Okay, so perhaps its a little bit extreme to have three Drew Berrymore movies on one list, but what can I say, I love her movies! Plus Adam Standler is in the movie, and I love him a lot too. I just love it when he sings to her on the plane, the song is ridiculously funny yet heartwarming at the same time. When you listen to the lyrics though you realize that's the kind of love that people dream of having, someone to grow old with.
6) Bride and Prejudice- A Bollywood version of P&P starring the insanely gorgeous Aishwarya Rai. I just love this movie, its directed by the same women who also directed Bend It Like Beckham (another one of my fave movies). I just can't get over how wonderful this movie is, I love the acting, the music, all the colours, the clothes, just everything about this movie!
So please enjoy this movie playlist, and remember share this day with someone you love, whether it be with, your family, friends, or someone else special.
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment