Tuesday, May 18, 2010

You Are You

One of my favourite websites which I frequent is http://www.operationbeautiful.com/ . On the site their mission is
to transform the way you see yourself one post-it note at a time. This is done to end negative, "fat talk" about ourselves and others. On Operation Beautiful they encourage people to participate by writing on post-it notes positive sayings, such as "you are beautiful" or "your beauty shines on the outside and inside" and than hanging them in public places (bathrooms, at the gym, dressing rooms, where ever you want). I love doing this, a few times I've put one on my schools bathroom and then I've come back later to see girls reading the note and smiling. I find its one of the easiest ways to make not only myself feel better but others as well.
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment