Thursday, June 24, 2010

Notes On An Education

After many years of hard work and dedication my time in school came to an end with my high school graduation. In some ways I am so relieved to be done with that part of my life but in other ways I am so sad that it has ended. I am sure you really don't want to read all about my graduation experience however I will leave you with a few tid bits. First off, the caps and gowns we have to wear are bloody hot on a summers day. You will feel as if you are slowly melting as you listen to your classmates give their speeches. You will also wish you had brought a water bottle to cool down. Also the caps will not stay on your head and will almost come off on stage while you are receiving your diploma (note to self: bobby pin the cap down at college graduation). Their were also awesome references to Hogwarts, fun field trips to a camp and amusement parks, food fights, and streakers (yes, my school is notorious for them, please don't ask) during peoples speeches. Finally, I love how my class cheered the loudest for a kid who normally is in a wheel chair and is developmentally delayed when he walked across the stage. I have never been more proud of my class then I was at that moment. So all in all I think it was a good way to end my high school experience. Now onto bigger and better things (like college)!
Jem

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I didn't get to be hot and uncomfortable for mine because we had to have it inside-- but I'd had to play in the band for all the outside ones before that. Ugh, try sitting around in a heavy polyester suit, basically. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete